We recently wrote about the massive social TV strategy that Univision implemented for their tent pole ‘Premios Juventud’ awards show. The youth event, which was super-hero themed took place Thursday night and was not only successful in linear ratings (reaching 9.3 million viewers and ranking number one among 18-34s) but topped the social TV charts according to Trendrr and SocialGuide. Univision shared an infographic about the results exclusively with Lost Remote.
- #MejorVestido winners were @belindapop and @gerardoortiznet
- Fan photos and questions were featured on the air
- According to SocialGuide, “Premios Juventud” was the No. 1 most social program and had 29 percent of share of all TV-related social buzz on Thursday, July 19.
- @PremiosJuventud was the no. 1 TV Twitter account and #MejorVestido was the No. 1 TV hashtag per SocialGuide; it also trended worldwide throughout the night on Twitter.
- Learn How To Build a Website To Share Your Clips, Get Free Webcast Access
- Adidas sees huge spike in social TV activity from commercial
- An inside look at Epitome Pictures' social TV strategy for 'Degrassi'
- How CNN and SnappyTV created social TV producers for the debates