There’s a new second screen app on the market and it’s not meant to be a viewing companion. FixYa for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, “ is a community based trouble-shooting resource that provides consumer-generated, practical product tips to help consumers solve problems on 8 million products,” including TV related products. Next time your TV is broken, your DVR isn’t working right, or you want to try and mount your new flatscreen on your own download this new video-based fix-it app.
FixYa’s TV help is huge. The free app asks you to do a few simple things if you have a problem.
- Choose the product category from 36 general groupings
- Shoot a video from your smartphone explaining the issue
- Receive a response from a FixYa expert on how to solve the issue
Next time you’re about to chuck your remote out the door, or throw your DVR on the pavement, take a deep breath and use your second screen device to try and solve the problem.
- Jerry Seinfeld and Jim Carrey Lead the Charge in This Week's Top 5 Viral TV Clips
- NFL Homegating App Brings the Tailgating Experience Home
- Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out: Which Fall TV Shows Are Capturing Viewers' Attention?
- Stefon Returns to SNL in This Week’s Top 5 Viral TV Clips