For the past week, the social conversation has centered on the VMAs and Emmys, which aired on back-to-back nights. Each had its share of buzzworthy moments, from Beyonce’s VMA performance (followed by a Jay-Z and Blue Ivy appearance) to Billy Crystal’s tribute to Robin Williams during last night’s Emmys
But which awards show captured the attention (and engagement) of Facebook users? Sunday night’s VMAs saw 13 million people with over 30 million interactions; 6.2 million people had 10.9 million interactions related to the Emmy Awards last night.
While the VMAs trumped the Emmys on Facebook, the Emmys improved compared to last year’s numbers. For the 2013 Emmys, 4.8 million people had 7.1 million interactions around the 2013 Emmy Awards.
More stats below:
Top Moments on Facebook
1. Beyonce’s medley performance, capped off with her receiving the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard award, presented to her by Jay-Z and Blue Ivy
2. Nicki Minaj’s performance of “Anaconda”, seguing into her performing “Bang Bang” with Jessie J and Ariana Grande
3. Sam Smith’s performance of “Stay With Me”
4. Miley Cyrus wins Video of the Year for “Wrecking Ball”, with homeless youth Jesse accepting on her behalf and spreading word to help raise funds and awareness for the youth homeless epidemic.
5. Tie: Usher’s performance of “She Came To Give It To You” / Lorde wins Best Rock Video for “Royals”
Top 5 states generating Emmy-related buzz
1. New Mexico
2. Washington, D.C.
3. New York
5. Rhode Island
Measured by spikes in Emmy-related conversation:
1. Breaking Bad wins Outstanding Drama Series
2. Bryan Cranston wins Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
3. Billy Crystal’s tribute to Robin Williams
4. Aaron Paul wins Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
5. Jim Parsons wins Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
- Clickhole Reports 'Modern Family' Cancelled, Internet Users "Totally Stopped Breathing"
- Everyone is a Critic: VH1's 'Drumline 2: A New Beat' Flops With Fans
- Foo Fighters Concert to Be Streamed on HBO's Facebook Page
- Is Apple About to Make a Big Social TV Play?