While we’re still light years away from SXSW Interactive 2013, “panel picker” has opened and the Twitter tech scene is being taking over by requests to vote on a panel. We’re excited to let you know that we’ve already been considered to moderate three different social TV panels being produced by MTV, Tomorrowish and Networked Insights. Please vote to make sure they happen!
1. “How an Awkward Girl and a Teen Wolf Make Friends” – two amazing shows with two amazing show creators are MTV’s scripted series Teen Wolf and Awkward. Both Wolf creator Jeff Davis and Awkward creator Lauren Iungerich will be on this panel with Tom Fishman, MTV’s head of social. I’ll be moderating.
2. “Schedule, What Schedule? Rethinking Appointment TV” – Join myself, Tomorrowish’s Mick Darling and social TV expert Carrie Bugbee as we talk about the evolution of broadcast TV and more.
3. “Take the Power Back: How Viewers are Hijacking TV” – I’ll moderate a panel with MTV’s Tom Fishman, Food Network’s Kate Gold and Networked Insights’ Sean Reckwerdt on how TV fans are re-appropriating content from their favorite shows and more.
Let us know about any other social TV SXSW panels in the comments…
- Adidas sees huge spike in social TV activity from commercial
- An inside look at Epitome Pictures' social TV strategy for 'Degrassi'
- How CNN and SnappyTV created social TV producers for the debates
- Social activity from BET's 'Hip Hop Awards' [infographic]